The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is an American family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole combat aircraft that is intended to perform both air superiority and strike missions.
It is also able to provide electronic warfare and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities.
The aircraft has three main variants: the conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) F-35A, the short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) F-35B, and the carrier-based (CV/CATOBAR) F-35C.
Key features of this rendition for Microsoft Flight Simulator are:
- Detailed representation of the three variants of the aircraft, showcasing individual differences and commonalities.
- Detailed external visual model and cockpit, based on extensive research
- Realistic pilot interface through the Primary Control Display (PCD) based on real world simulators
- Liveries for all the air forces and services that are currently flying the F-35
- Realistic flight dynamics based on publicly available data
- STOVL capabilities for the F-35B
- Carrier capabilities for the F-35C (special code to perform assisted takeoff and landing from any static surface)
- Sound package based on real world recordings
The package only depicts the Vehicle Systems and some essential Mission Systems.
The following mission systems are NOT simulated:
- Sensor fusion
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT ENDORSED BY THE LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
– Added reference to Asobo Common behaviors to fix throttle issue introduced by 126.96.36.199
– Added missing lights on IPP control panel
– Added IPP BIT sequence (slightly shorter than IRL) and cooldown
– Fixed color of BINGO line on MFD (was while, is yellow IRL)
– Added missing IPP “BURN” indication on MFD
– Rectified trim symbology in FCS page
– Rectified wing fold symbology in FCS (for C model) and added aileron icons
– Rectified hook symbol in FCS page
– Rectified trim setting color in FCS page
– Fixed ICAO code for F-35B
– Changed ATC codes for all aircraft
– Fixed missing entries in F-35A and C engine models
– Fixed engine rating for F-35B
– Increased battery capacity for all variants
– Fixed mismatched mouse areas in COMMunications page if FAB is SWAPPED
– Fixed non working mouse areas in LITES page if FAB is SWAPPED
– Added trim readout
– Changed Wing Fold caption (now reads spread or fold, in reality they are separate commands)
– Added numerical reading on control surfaces on FCS page
– Added custom AI sound package