Gatwick Airport also known as London Gatwick (IATA: LGW, ICAO: EGKK) , is a major international airport near Crawley, West Sussex, Englan...
Gatwick Airport also known as London Gatwick (IATA: LGW, ICAO: EGKK), is a major international airport near Crawley, West Sussex, England, 29.5 miles (47.5 km) south of Central London. It is the second-busiest airport by total passenger traffic in the UK, after Heathrow Airport. Gatwick is the tenth-busiest airport in Europe. It covers a total area of 674 hectares (1,670 acres).
Gatwick opened as an aerodrome in the late 1920s; it has been in use for commercial flights since 1933. The airport has two terminals, the North Terminal and the South Terminal, which cover areas of 98,000 m2 (117,000 sq yd) and 160,000 m2 (190,000 sq yd) respectively. It operates as a single-runway airport, using a main runway with a length of 3,316 m (10,879 ft). A secondary runway is available but, due to its proximity to the main runway, can only be used if the main runway is not in use. In 2018, 46.1 million passengers passed through the airport, a 1.1% increase compared with 2017. As of 2020, Gatwick is the busiest airport in the world to operate with only one runway having served 46.5 million passengers during 2019.
Every EM stop/Stand Plate rescaled from blender and optimised through out whole airfield by using 2k texture instead of complex modelling layers. Gone from 400,000 triangle mesh per stand post down to 430 tris.
Chocks optimised from 500kb to 25kb per chock.
Cones optimised from 350kb+ to 43kb.
One highly detailed golden chock left on stand 10.
Now getting 40 fps in remote stands and 30fps looking at pier 2 (980ti/corei7 3770/16GB DDR3).
Built and packaged after MSFS world update USA.
- Major Optimisation of Stand plates.. Texture now applied to a simpler model, for reduced load
- (still need to finish 170's and 200's over next day or 2)
- Extensive Taxiway turn point markings
- Major work in Pier 2, rescaled and now pretty much connected to terminal
- New stand plates for pier 2, now optimised
- 170s stands signs moved further in, will be optimised soon
Changelog includes the following
Version 6.4 November 21, 2020
The new file is 817.59 MB in total.
1. Rebuilt package renamed Modellib to gatwick-modellib in Project Art to stop conflicts with other community packages.
2. Now will show as gatwick/scenery/global/scenery/gatwick-modellib.BGL
3. Added Taxiway markings to Juliet and Victor areas
4. Added metal plate to stand 11 to cover baked in bing map texture evident with or without this package
5. Pls note... Quebec Bravo (Black outline marking) in wrong position, will fix this in 6.5 in a few days)
6. Taxiway markings are a bit garish but theres no way of making them with any alpha as they start flickering like theres no tomorrow.. Looking into this further.. opaque seems to stop any annoying flickering
Version 6.3November 20, 2020
1. Taxiway Markings added
2. Gatwick Train station added
3. Animated Southern train and one static Southern
4. Fixed flickering post stand 21
5. Various other tweaks/repairs.
Version 6.2November 15, 2020
1. FPS slowdown when looking towards pier 2 now fixed
2. Stand taxiway floor signs fixed flickering
3. South Terminal Dep lounge steampunk roof design
4. Version 6.1November 14, 2020
5. mkvy just launched a new version. The new file is 467.10 MB in total.
Version 6.0November 14, 2020
1. North South animated Monorail added
2. Premier Inn and Sofitel Hotels added.
3. South Terminal Improvements to modelling.. Core / original Terminal
4. North Terminal Illuminated internal nightlights through transparent glass
5. Better stand plates on 500's
6. On stand improved nightlighting pier 5: 49-54 and pier 6
7. Numerous other tweaks
Version 5.5November 07, 2020
1. Major remodel work done to Pier 2. Height reduction
2. Pier 2 Transparent glass inside and out with Blender light illumination from inside to out
3. More to scale and more accurate representation
4. More tweaks to come.. Stand plates need to be reduced in size..
5. small flickering areas will be dealt with.
6. Doors and windows rescaled closer to planet earth dimensions
Version 5.4November 04, 2020
1. Bridge PBR texture changed to Grey Metal framework on bridge Black roughened PBR Texture for support legs... Way better
2. Nighttime Blender lights inside bridge reduced power to reduce blown out brightness below on taxiway Lima
3. Blender light power reduced inside Pier 6. Fixed flickering section inside pier 6 gate areas
4. Panels adjusted Pier 5, one section slightly away from building
5. PBR texture corrected on pier 5 Panels (stand 49-54 area)
6. 140's Crossbar type signage enlarged 140,141m,142m,143m,144m,145m
Version 5.3November 03, 2020
1. Big Glass Update... Transparency through Pier 3,Satellite, Pier 5, Pier 6 and Airbridge
2. FixedGPU, Emergency stop posts and crash barriers around Satellite
3. Blender Light illumination from within Buildings, no need for emissive textures any more
4. Working my way around the airport to change all these..
5. Floating signs 31L/M/R will be corrected V5.4